We have worked with schools, colleges and universities for over 25 years. We know these establishments and the constraints associated with completing electrical testing within them. Our experienced and DBS cleared engineers, work closely with the Site Manager to minimise any disruption and ensure a quality service. Read more about our quality.
The two services most likely to be required by schools, colleges and universities are:
Over time, electrical wiring systems within buildings will deteriorate. To help ensure the safety of pupils, staff and visitors, it is essential that your electrical systems are tested and inspected at regular intervals. The frequency for most establishments are:
A structured programme of Electrical Testing and Inspection will:
- Identify potential electrical risks and fire hazards
- Identify any defective or substandard electrical works
- Highlight any missing earthing or protective conductors
- Identify any evidence of the electrical system overloads
- Identify wear, deterioration and breakages
- Identify loose or missing parts and fixings
Sample testing misconception
A common misconception is that sample testing (also known as percentage testing), will make you compliant with wiring regulations. The IET Regulations state you can only rely on Sample Testing, IF:
- You hold previous full system records; and
- The installation is considered to be in excellent condition; and
- No faults are found during sample testing; and
- No undocumented alterations have been carried out since the system was new or last tested.
If not, your installation must be 100% tested and certified to achieve compliance.
Without certification, you increase your risk of accident or fire. The safety of your electrical systems is paramount to us. Contact us to see how we can help you become compliant.